AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill
What is the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®?
By its amazing unweighting technology, the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® enables patients to propel their training and physical therapy to new heights. The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® uses NASA's patented Differential Air Pressure technology to unweight you, allowing you to walk/run at just a fraction of your body weight. This exciting new device allows patients and athletes dealing with chronic pain, neurological conditions and injuries of the lower extremities to regain strength and mobility. Whatever your personal wellness goals, from a walk in the park to training for your next marathon, PTS can help with the AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill®. Read a testimonial here.
What are the abilities of AlterG®?
- Reduce gravity’s affect by reducing weight from 20-80% of a patient's actual body weight in 1% increments.
- Rehab injuries of the lower body, with greater ease and reduced pain.
- Improve strength and mobility for those with neurological conditions, in a safer and more controlled environment.
- Safe means of weight loss and an opportunity for more intense exercise while unweighted.
- Reduce stress on joints and muscles during training.
- Effective recovery after training or competition with reduced pain to the athlete.
Who can use the AlterG?
The AlterG can be utilized if you are less than 400 pounds and fit in the machine - a physician referral is not required! However, a free demo under the supervision of our staff is required the first time.
Do you need a physician referral?
Although no physician referral is needed to see a physical therapist, some insurance companies may require a referral for coverage.
Is there a fee associated with it?
Yes. There are different options based on time needed on the AlterG. You may pay as you go or buy packages of time to be used during the month or 30 day period.
How do you make an appointment?
For Central Illinois, please contact PTS Outpatient Therapy at 1201 North Cummings Lane in Washington at (309) 886-2305.
For Southern Illinois please contact one of the following locations: Archview Medical Center at 2071 Gooselake Road in Sauget, IL (618) 337-9461 or St. Elizabeth’s Medical Arts Building at 180 South 3rd St. in Belleville, IL (618) 234-2120 Ext. 1767.