At PTS, we provide Pediatric Physical and Occupational Therapists who are specially trained to understand your child’s developmental milestones and how they evolve from infancy to adolescence. It’s vitally important that parents find therapists who understand how their children develop in order to provide the best and most appropriate care for their child.
How can Pediatric Physical, Occupational and/or Speech Therapy help my child?
Our children begin to learn before they have even seen the world. Children begin adapting to their environments and gathering information almost immediately and continue to develop rapidly throughout childhood. By addressing complications early, parents can take advantage of this period of rapid development. Physical and Occupational Therapy can help children in many ways. Some of these benefits include:
- Helping children reach developmental milestones such as sitting up, crawling and walking
- Improving functional responses to daily activities and enabling children to process sensory information
- Increasing balance, posture and other functional skills
- Treatment of orthopedic injuries, from fractures to strains
- Increasing participation in daily tasks such as bathing, dressing and eating
- Improving range of motion with splinting and serial casting
What conditions can Pediatric Therapists treat?
Some conditions PTS treats include:
- Neuromuscular Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Bedwetting and incontinence
Contact us to see how PTS can help today! Although no physician referral is needed to see a physical therapist, be aware that some insurance companies may require a referral for coverage.