15 Fun Ways to Get Kids Moving
With the cold and snow of Winter children are often not as active as they should be. As temperatures and weather get better we need to increase the activity level of our children to build strength and endurance.
- Get outside! Play freely in your yard or neighborhood.
- Play “Red Rover”
- Play Tag
- Play "Red Light, Green Light"
- Play Hopscotch
- Have them help with yard work
- Create a scavenger hunt that includes walking and climbing on different surfaces
- Ride a tricycle or bicycle
- Ride a scooter
- Fly a kite
- Play on the playground equipment at a local park
- Climb steps to go down the slide
- Push the merry-go-round
- Play catch or kick a ball
- Walk or run along a trail
The goal is to get muscles working differently than in the Winter. These activities will encourage them to move safely and focuses their energy level, which helps them sleep well at night.