The Value of PT
Got Pain? Try Physical Therapy First!
If you’re one of many suffering from pain in the neck, shoulders, lower back or knees, you may not be aware that there can be a solution that doesn’t require medication or surgery. In fact, physical therapists can often provide low-cost solutions to alleviate – and eliminate – the pain! There are many diseases, too, that can benefit from physical therapy.
How Can PTS Help?
Our licensed physical therapists can be a natural resource for helping to maintain your health. In many cases, regular physical therapy treatments can help avoid the high costs of unnecessary surgery, medication and doctor’s visits by improving function and reducing pain as part of a custom treatment plan. Plus, recent research indicates many ways physical therapy can be as effective as these traditionally prescribed methods! Studies also show that when people choose physical therapy early after an injury or disease, they are less likely to need more expensive treatments like surgery. We hear success stories on the benefits of physical therapy every day.
So – with healthcare costs continuing to rise – why aren’t more people seeking physical therapy before seeking other, more expensive treatments?
Have You Heard (or Believed) These Myths?
The sad truth is that there are many myths circulating about physical therapy, so we’d like to set the record straight:
- A physician’s referral is NOT required for physical therapy! All 50 states and the District of Columbia allow patients to be evaluated by a physical therapist without a physician’s referral.
- Physical therapy is NOT painful! Physical therapists work within a patient’s pain threshold to ensure that it is not painful.
- Physical therapy is NOT just for injuries and accidents! Physical therapy is a diverse healthcare practice that helps prevent injury and pain, thereby promoting mobility, health and wellness.
- Physical therapy can NOT be performed by all healthcare professionals! Physical therapy should only be performed by a licensed physical therapist!
- Physical therapy IS covered by most insurance! Most insurance policies cover some of the cost of physical therapy.
- Surgery is NOT the only option! Oftentimes, physical therapy is as effective as surgery and that’s why you owe it to yourself to check into it first.
- Physical therapy can NOT be performed on your own! Only a licensed physical therapist with specialized education and expertise can develop a physical therapy plan of care to address your situation – they are specially trained to do what they do!
Why Try Therapy First?
At PTS, our therapists strive to work at the highest level of their license. We are experts at identifying the underlying cause for musculoskeletal issues. Although we have always supported traditional medicine, we believe physical therapy can be a more cost-effective and significantly less invasive option.
Since no physician referral is needed, there’s no need to wait if you’re in pain or hoping to avoid problems from a fall or other health situation. By seeking physical therapy first, you can get the treatment that makes the most sense for you, without additional cost, pain or time. Contact us to see how we can help YOU today!