Are you experiencing PAIN in your HANDS?
- Pain and stiffness of hand
- Decreased grip strength
- Difficulty writing and using keyboards for work or school
- Meal preparation: using knives and kitchen utensils, lifting heavy pans and plates
- Fine motor difficulty: fastening buttons or zippers, opening bottles or lids
- Pain in hands at night
Your PAIN could be related to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a condition affecting the forearm, hand, wrist and fingers with pain, tingling and numbness. The carpal tunnel is a narrow passage in the wrist made up of small bones. Through it runs a sheath of tissue that houses the tendons and nerves used for moving the fingers. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome occurs when this tunnel narrows, causing compression of nerves responsible for the movement and sensation of the hand.
In many cases, occupational therapy can correct a problem without the need for surgery at all through interventions such as:
- Education on joint conservation techniques
- Ultrasound or thermal modalities for pain relief
Improve your hand pain today! Call 309-231-0676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.